- Deliveroo rolls out new feature to enable customers and riders to choose contact-free delivery
- Deliveroo has upgraded its app to give customers, riders and restaurants confidence that they can order safely amidst spread of COVID-19
Deliveroo will roll out a new feature tomorrow to enable customers and riders to choose contact-free delivery when they order from the food delivery company's app and website.
From tomorrow, Deliveroo customers will be able to choose 'Contact-free delivery' at check-out. Riders will be able to see when a customer has selected this option in the order's delivery notes and will then follow a simple process to ensure there is no contact when the food is delivered.
Riders will be asked to let the customer know they have arrived, place their thermal bag open on the ground outside their door, step back at least 1 metre and wait nearby for the customer to collect the food before the order can be completed.
Riders are also able to make orders contact-less if they wish by letting customers know through the app before they arrive. If a rider does feel an area is high risk, and they wish to not do deliveries, they can request to cancel any booked deliveries without penalty.
Deliveroo has given guidance to restaurants, customers and riders on how to remain safe during this period, and this is the company's latest update to help achieve this.
Last week, Deliveroo announced a 'hardship fund' for riders, so those who contract the COVID-19 virus or those who have been instructed to be in isolation by a medical authority will be eligible for financial support. The company has committed multi-million pounds of funds to support impacted riders, allowing those who are unable to work access to financial support whilst they recover.
Siddharth Shanker, General Manager of Deliveroo Singapore, said:
"The safety of our riders and customers is our top priority. That is why we are launching a new, contact-free delivery service. Customers and riders can request in the app that food is left safely on the doorstep. We remain in daily contact with local health officials to make sure we are offering the safest service possible to customers, riders and restaurants."
Other action Deliveroo has taken:
- Establishment of a Rider Support fund to provide our most regular riders with financial help if they need to self isolate or are unable to work due to COVID-19
- Deliveroo continues to provide riders and restaurants with regular updates on the best hygiene practices and any government support or updates available to them
- Deliveroo has a 24/7 support team and riders, restaurants and customers are encouraged to contact our dedicated teams with any questions or concerns they may have regarding COVID-19
- Deliveroo is in daily contact with public health authorities in each market the company operates in to take advice, which all the company's actions are based on