- Take a food trip with one-off curated experiences featuring some of Singapore's best-loved restaurants
Dining-in is in again! With restaurants finally able to reopen for dine-in in Phase Two, Singapore's favourite food delivery service, Deliveroo, is launching the ultimate foodie walking tour to encourage consumers to revisit their favourite restaurants this September.
With the Department of Statistics Singapore reporting a 43.5 percent drop in F&B sales in June compared to June 2019,* the initiative was conceived as a way for Singaporeans to do their part to #supportfnbsg while indulging in Singapore's national pastime.
Foodies can pick from a choice of two tour itineraries - Healthy Food Crawl or Teatime Delights Tour - to enjoy exclusive one-off experiences and food tasting sessions at a curated pick of restaurants. With Deliveroo riders as tour guides, foodies will definitely be in for a treat with expert hosts who know a thing or two about the best food finds around the 'hood! Plus, those on the tours can learn some tricks of the trade from savvy chefs and restaurant insiders, whether it's how to make the perfect cup of joe or whip up restaurant-quality grub, all whilst tucking into a mouthwatering spread of food and drinks from some of your favourite restaurants.
- Healthy Food Crawl: For those looking to indulge without the guilt, the Healthy Food Crawl is the perfect choice for whiling away an afternoon before or after your sweat sesh. Ever wondered just how healthy or nutritious your burger or poke bowl is? At Haakon, Poke Theory and Shake Farm, you'll have help from the professionals as you build your own 'clean' burger and poke bowl and get in your five-a-day. Don't forget to snap and share your step-by-step for the 'gram, as you get hands-on with creating these #foodporn feasts.
- Teatime Delights Tour: The sweet-toothed can relish in a relaxing weekend at the hip heritage neighbourhood of Tiong Bahru on the Teatime Delights tour. From a croissant blind taste test at Tiong Bahru Bakery, to creating beautiful latte art at Forty Hands, to a decadent wine tasting experience at The Butcher's Wife, there's no better way to spend an afternoon than being surrounded by the delightful aroma of fresh brews and bakes.
"We know just how hard things have been for the restaurant industry in the past few months, which is why we're investing in initiatives to encourage customers to visit their favourite restaurants for dine-in. Similar to our nation's SingapoRediscovers initiative, the Foodie Walking Tour takes foodie fans on a journey to rediscover local food haunts and at the same time, get a sneak peek at what goes on behind-the-scenes in their favourite restaurants. WIth proceeds going back to the participating restaurants, we hope Singaporeans will continue to show their support for local F&B by joining one of the tours to revisit these restaurants," said Sarah Tan, Director of Growth and Marketing, and Interim General Manager, Deliveroo Singapore.
Starting from today, Tuesday, 25 August, consumers can purchase tickets to join either tours from Eventbrite. Priced at just S$20 per tour, Deliveroo will be hosting two sessions of each tour on Saturday, 12 September and Sunday, 13 September. 16 consumers will be able to participate in this round of tours, with more tours to potentially be run depending on the initial response. All funds raised from the tickets sold will go to the six participating restaurants.
*"The F&B industry has been one of the worst-hit by the Covid-19 pandemic, with many being forced to close during the circuit breaker that restricted activities in April and May. Others continue to suffer revenue cuts as they comply with safe distancing measures and reduce their seating capacity." - TODAY, Some restaurants turn a blind eye to 'rule of 5' to allow bookings for bigger groups, 19 August, 2020.
Note to editors
- In line with social distancing measures, each session will have a maximum of five pax (including one tour guide)
- A maximum of two tickets can be purchased per person
- Health and safety measures including temperature taking and SafeEntry check-ins will be adhered to during the sessions