- In partnership with Kimly Seafood and Soup Restaurant, these 43cm long chopsticks are a safe and auspicious way to Lo Hei this Chinese New Year!
To usher in the new year, Singapore's most-loved food delivery service, Deliveroo, has partnered with popular Chinese restaurants, Soup Restaurant and Kimly Seafood, to create extra long Lo Hei chopsticks for the Year of the Tiger!
Lo Hei, which means 'tossing up good fortune' in Cantonese, is one of the biggest highlights during Chinese New Year (1 February), where families and friends come together to toss symbolic yusheng ingredients while reciting auspicious phrases — it is believed that the higher the toss, the better the abundance and prosperity in the year ahead!
While social distancing is still the norm for gatherings, these measures don't have to dampen this year's much-anticipated celebrations. The Deliveroo extra long Lo Hei chopsticks span a whopping 43cm, about twice the length of a standard chopstick, and aims to help usher in the Lunar New Year while maintaining a responsible distance from loved ones. Each pair features a colourful design in red and orange for a prosperous year, alongside fun illustrations of mandarins and tigers to highlight the festive traditions of the season and the arrival of the Year of the Tiger.
From 31 January - 2 February, stand a chance to receive a pair of these limited edition chopsticks by purchasing a yusheng bundle from participating Soup Restaurant or Kimly Seafood outlets on Deliveroo, available for both pick-up and delivery orders, while stocks last. Each of the participating bundles below are available at a promotional price with 30% off, for more reasons to celebrate this season!
Participating yusheng bundles
Order the Deliveroo CNY Exclusive Bundle ($66.43, U.P. $94.90) from Soup Restaurant outlets Compass One and Paragon! Great for 2-3 pax, the bundle features a Baby Abalone Yu Sheng and traditional Steamed Rice with Chinese Sausage & Mushroom.
Treat the family to these delicious bundles from Kimly Seafood Woodlands Drive to redeem the limited edition chopsticks while stocks last:
- Purchase the Heng Ong Huat Set for 3 pax ($31.22, U.P. $44.60), which includes delicious Nonya Assam Fish Slice, Mushroom Broccoli, Fragrant Roasted Meat and White Rice. Add on the Salmon (Vegetarian) Yusheng ($18.80, U.P. $22.80) for a feast at home!
- Opt for the Huat A Reunion Set if hosting for 4 pax ($46.48, U.P. $66.40), featuring signature dishes of Curry Fish Head, Marmite Pork ribs, Garlic Baby Kai Lan, Prawn Paste Chicken Wings and White Rice. Add on the Salmon (Vegetarian) Yusheng ($18.80, U.P. $22.80) for your festive Lo Hei.
- Celebrate on theme with the Year of the Tiger Set for 5 pax ($51.87, U.P. $74.10), to enjoy Pork Trotters with Fa Cai, Tiger Prawn Rolls, Prawn Paste Chicken Wings, 4 Treasure Vegetable and Pineapple Fried Rice. Don't forget to add on the Salmon (Vegetarian) Yusheng ($18.80, U.P. $22.80) to your order, for more Huat!
Here's to a safe and prosperous Chinese New Year!
Note to editors:
- The participating bundles from Kimly Seafood require the add-on of the Salmon (Vegetarian) Yusheng for customers to be eligible to redeem the limited edition chopsticks, while stocks last.