- Deliveroo customers can now recognise riders' great service and show their appreciation by tipping them through the Deliveroo app after they've completed their delivery
- Capped at $10,000, from 1 to 14 February, Deliveroo will match customer tips up to the value of $3 max per tip, in a bid to drive customer tipping in Singapore
- From 2019 to 2020, Deliveroo observed a whopping 92% increase in the number of orders with a pre-order rider tip, revealing a shift in consumer behaviour during COVID-19
Deliveroo Singapore today announced a new post-order tipping function for customers to thank riders for their service, especially crucial during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. From today, 27 January, Deliveroo customers can add a post-order rider tip by nominating an amount upon completion of their delivery, the entirety of which will go directly to the rider. To encourage and motivate customers to show their appreciation, from 1 to 14 February, Deliveroo will match customer tips up to the value of $3 max per tip, capped at $10,000.
Since the start of the pandemic, riders have provided an essential front-line service delivering food to Singaporeans' doors. In 2020 versus 2019, Deliveroo has observed a huge 92% increase in the numbers of customers leaving rider tips at the pre-order stage on the platform, marking a notable shift in tipping behaviour amongst Singaporeans wanting to thank riders for their service since the start of COVID-19.
"Riders are a fundamental pillar of our business and have become a key part of essential services that Singaporeans rely upon. Their hard work has meant that we could continue to deliver thousands of food choices to customers who were at home during last year's circuit breaker period, as restaurants focused on delivery and takeaways. Even till today, customers are still looking for amazing food to be delivered to their doors whenever and wherever they want it. With this new initiative, we simply want to say a big thank you, on behalf of Deliveroo and all our loyal customers," said Sarah Tan, General Manager, Deliveroo Singapore.
"I'm happy to be bringing a smile to customers' faces while delivering their favourite dishes straight to their doorsteps. It's wonderful to hear that they'll now be able to leave us a token of their appreciation thanks to this new post-order tipping function. Along with the flexibility of being able to choose when I ride, this is another perk that makes it worthwhile riding with Deliveroo", said Mohamed Shamirul Rashid, rider, Deliveroo Singapore.
Since May 2020, in ongoing support of all its stakeholders, Deliveroo has also enabled customers to add a restaurant tip to their order by nominating an amount to add to their bill. Deliveroo has matched the first 20,000 customer tips, all of which are not subject to any commission, including Deliveroo's contribution, and go directly to the restaurant in full.
To further support riders, Deliveroo has introduced a number of schemes in the past year that include:
- Discounted food and drinks for riders during and after their working hours, in partnership with Deliveroo's restaurant partners
- A portfolio of rider perks such as vehicle care promotions, restaurant deals and accessories that's constantly being added
- Access to 700 free online courses for themselves and their families to diversity skills, offered by OpenClassrooms, an online education platform for vocational training
- A Rider Support Fund to support riders who are diagnosed with the virus or who are told to isolate themselves by a medical authority will be eligible for financial support
Note to Editors
- From 1 to 14 February, Deliveroo will match customer tips for riders, $3 max per tip, capped at $10,000
- Deliveroo customers must have their push notifications turned on to access the post-order tipping function on the Deliveroo platform