- As part of both brands' efforts in sustainability and reducing carbon footprint, only Deliveroo walkers and cyclists will be deployed to pick up orders from the Net Zero store
- From today, Deliveroo customers who order from SaladStop!'s Net Zero store can stand a chance to win a Brompton Foldable Bicycle worth over S$3,200 or an exclusive DIY Urban Farming Kit
Singapore, 1 July 2022 - Doing your part for the planet just got a lot easier. SaladStop! is pulling out all the stops with the launch of their first ever Net Zero store. To better help Mother Earth and amplify sustainability efforts, Deliveroo, who is the exclusive delivery partner for this location, will only be utilising walkers and cyclists to pick up orders from SaladStop!'s new Net Zero store.
Sustainability is still the centre of the plate!
Is sustainability still the centre of the plate? According to a joint survey by World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and Accenture, 80% of Singaporeans care deeply about the environment, with younger consumers (Gen Zs and millennials) increasingly wanting to spend more on sustainable products.
With a clear demand for sustainable food options as evidenced by Deliveroo's latest Top 100 Report, Deliveroo is bringing customers deliciously sustainable food to the table through this exclusive partnership. In true environmental stewardship fashion, customers can avoid single-use takeaway packaging by opting in for reusable containers by Muuse, a local sustainable packaging company.
Lower your carbon footprint with these celebrations
To celebrate the launch of SaladStop!'s first ever Net Zero store at Capita Spring, customers placing an order on Deliveroo from this SaladStop! will be eligible to win a grand prize in the form of a Brompton Foldable Bike worth over S$3200*. 30 other lucky winners will earn the chance to receive a special Deliveroo x SaladStop! co-branded DIY Urban Farming Kit to kickstart their green journey at home. Instructions to enter the giveaway are included on a pledge card included with every order, and it runs from 1 July to 31 July, 2022.
In addition, the first 200 customers to order from this location will be gifted a limited-edition tote bag** - perfect for a sustainable day out in style!
Customers can also enjoy first dibs on SaladStop!'s new menu item, the Home Grown. Available before other locations, this wholesome, 100% locally grown salad only features ingredients cultivated right in Singapore.
Saving the Earth together, one order at a time
"At Deliveroo, we're a big believer in bringing our customers amazing food in the most climate-positive way possible. In recent years, we've seen an increase in consumers ordering sustainable food and we're pleased to partner with like-minded partners like SaladStop! to empower customers to make more environmentally-friendly choices. This partnership with SaladStop! brings us a step closer towards a more sustainable future, whilst ensuring that consumers enjoy natural, delicious and planet-friendly food," shared Jason Parke, Head of Operations, Deliveroo Singapore.
"Deliveroo was an obvious delivery partner for our first Net Zero store. The company has an incredible track record of sustainability initiatives and we are pleased to be partnering with them to offer our customers a convenient yet green option for their daily meals," added Adrien Desbaillets, Co-founder of SaladStop!.
As a socially responsible company, Deliveroo is committed to transforming the way foodies eat and how they eat it, in the most sustainable way possible. The latest offering marks the second collaboration between both brands, following SaladStop!'s launch of its grocery arm, Good Food People, on Deliveroo last year, which gave Deliveroo foodies convenient access to over 150 plant-based essentials with a simple click or tap of a button. Talk about making sustainable swaps in your kitchen!
Past sustainability initiatives by Deliveroo include a partnership in 2020 with barePack to offer barePack's reusable container system to customers. In 2019, Deliveroo also worked with BioPak to offer over 80 compostable packaging options made from plants and produced from recycled paper, with a hefty 20% discount to restaurant partners islandwide! Since 2018, the delivery service company has also made cutlery an opt-in, and over two-thirds of meals are now being delivered without disposable cutlery to Earth's stewards islandwide.
Looking for finger-licking but planet-friendly food? Eating sustainably and helping to minimise your carbon footprint has never been easier with Deliveroo!
Notes to editor
- SaladStop!'s first-ever Net Zero store is located at 86 Market Street, Capita Spring, #01-03, Singapore, 048947
- *Customers stand a chance to win a Brompton Foldable Bicycle or Urban Farming Kits by following these steps:
- Order on Deliveroo from SaladStop!'s Capita Spring outlet
- Scan the QR code on the included pledge card to pledge towards a Net Zero future, and share with Deliveroo what you will do to contribute to that
- Most creative submissions will win
- Giveaway runs from 1 to 31 July 2022. Winners will be contacted through their Deliveroo-registered email address by 15 August 2022. See bit.ly/roo2netzero for full terms and conditions.
- ** Valid from 1 to 31 July 2022. Limited to the first 200 redemptions only.